One of the most stressful and challenging time in an accounting professional career is when he or she decides to resign for his current accounting job, many times the challenge stems form the fact the professional is not sure how to write a resignation letter that is professional and will help the person resign from the job gracefully. A resignation letter is as important a document as the persons resume, this document would create a final perception or impression of the individual in the minds of the employer. When drafting an accounting resignation letter one must pay special attention to the format and what is being said in the letter. Here we have a few simple tips that will help you create a professional letter that can help speed up the process of resigning from your job.
Resignation Letter Writing Tips:
- Simple Format: The most important point to keep in mind when drafting your letter is to keep it short and simple, avoid writing a resignation that goes on for 2-3 pages as people may not be interested in reading a lengthy letter of resignation.
- Language: When writing a letter ensure that the language used is professional, avoid accusing someone or slandering a co-worker in the letter, even if you are quitting the organization on a bad note, avoid spewing venom on people in your resignation.
- Brief and focused: Keep the letter brief, to the point and focused on the subject. When writing a letter the best way of ensuring this is done is by ensuring that the document is a few paragraphs long, mention the fact that you are resigning from the job and the reason for resigning.
- Positive: Your letter of resignation must have a positive feel to it, thank the organization and your superiors for the opportunities you got while working there, and thank them for the experience and expertise gained.
- Last working date & Notice Period: when drafting your resignation, mention you’re last working date, date from which your resignation would be effective and the notice period you are serving.
Following these simple tips will help you create a great and professional letter of resignation for an accounting professional. Here we have a few sample resignation letters that you can refer to when drafting your document.
Accounting Sample Resignation Letter
1st April, 2012
21 Montgomery Rd,
Ms. Joyce Bucknor
White & Smith Financial Services
Dear Ms. Bucknor,
I would like to inform you about my intention of resigning from my post as an Accountant with White & Smith Financial Services, with effect from the 1st of April 2012. My last day of employment with the organization will be the 1st of May 2012.
I have decided to take up an assignment with XYZ Accounting & Financial Services as a Senior Accountant. After careful consideration of the offer, I found it to be both challenging and exciting for me.
Working with White & Smith Financial Services over the last 5 years has been a pleasure and has helped me evolve as a professional. White & Smith Financial Services is poised for continued growth and I wish you and the organization much success in the coming years.
I would ensure that I make the transition of responsibilities and duties smooth and successful and would also be available to train someone to take over my role. I will ensure that all reporting and records are updated before my last day of work.
Once again I would like to thank you for the opportunity to work for White & Smith Financial Services. I wish you and my co-workers all the best and I look forward to staying in touch with you.
Browse through the sample resignation letters given below: